The iteration planning meeting is for team members to plan and agree on stories or backlog items they are confident they can complete during the iteration and identify the detailed tasks and tests for delivery and acceptance.
- The team always has the final say when it comes to estimating
- Every team member should have a vote and/or voice
- Dependencies should be minimized, if not prevented entirely
- The team should consistently identify any impediments preventing them from completing their work to be addressed
- Diving into too much detail and designing each feature in full rather than identifying the task work necessary